dev changelog 20171226
26 Dec 2017
I’ve said it elsewhere, but Merry Christmas everyone! We’re working hard to end this year on a good note and that does involve getting a relatively presentable build of lazer out to the wider public. A few days left so we are hard at work polishing what we have! You can already start following our progress starting with today’s release (although do note that repeat sliders are a bit bugged; will be fixed tomorrow).
osu The osu!lazer project. The future of the osu! client. Download preview releases from here and follow along!
The notification overlay used to pop out every time a new notification arrived. Now it has a badge showing pending (unread) notifications instead, meaning the end user is no longer rudely interrupted.
A lot of people couldn’t seem to find the button in settings to import their beatmaps, so I went one step further to make importing your existing library more accessible. This dialog will appear at song select if you have no beatmaps loaded (and an osu-stable installation is found on your PC).
Until now, only the settings overlay has been able to push the background game content behind it. This always felt awkward, but will no more! Both overlays are now equal in their pushing abilities.
- Yet another rework of sound handling in taiko #1733 (smoogipoo)
- Fix notification read lamp and notification count #1759 (peppy)
- Trigger null-selection in SongSelect when the last beatmap is hidden #1753 (FreezyLemon)
- Fix null reference in release builds #1752 (peppy)
- Fix many instances of non-osu-prefixed text classes being used #1750 (peppy)
- Add word wrapping support for popup dialog text #1748 (peppy)
- Fix supporter icon appearing incorrectly in user profile header #1747 (Aergwyn)
- Add special logic to song select to avoid obvious clipping when notifications are displayed #1742 (peppy)
- Hide unnecessary lines on empty BeatmapInfoWedge #1720 (Aergwyn)
osu-framework The game framework behind osu!lazer. Written from scratch with osu! in mind, but very extensible.
Nothing really note-worthy in framework this time, but some good solid changes as follow:
You can now use Ctrl-F to search for a specific visual test, Ctrl-H to hide the test listing and Ctrl+R to re-run tests. The little things matter!
- Log exception content as Important rather than error #1288 (peppy)
- Immediately unbind all bindings to OnLoadComplete after load is complete #1285 (peppy)
- Add NUnit Itemgroup to csproj #1282 (Aergwyn)
- Fix dynamic compilation not working when protected internals are overridden #1281 (smoogipoo)
- Avoid deadlocks caused by audio thread blocking on queued items #1280 (peppy)
osu-web The new web front-end. Already live but hasn’t yet replaced the old site, pending feature parity.
Use cached score ranks for display #2069 (notbakaneko)
We recently discovered a long-standing bug in the profile rank counts (SS/S/A) so rewrote the maintenance script on the new web system. There are a few reports of incorrect counts still, so consider this an ongoing effort.
This also improves performance on the new web profile pages, which were previously dynamically calculating these counts every page load(!).
A new less cringe download page is now availble on the new web. One step closer to pushing it live!
Ongoing work on the modding discussions system
We are listening to your feedback on the dev discord!
This week we will be addressing these two issues as top priority, as they seem to affect the most people. Make your voice heard on the discord. We are especially interested in hearing from mappers (but also modders, of course).
- Show combined SS and S counts on score boards #2096 (notbakaneko)
- Fix Swedish download translation #2080 (Padnezz)
- Change landing page button to link to download page #2076 (nekodex)
- Use read-only connection for indexing query instead of primary #2075 (notbakaneko)
- Data is in datetime which ignores timezone setting #2074 (nanaya)
- Sort on correct play count field #2072 (notbakaneko)
- Slightly smarter beatmap search default #2061 (nanaya)
- Swedish Language Support #1952 (Padnezz)