dev changelog 20180206
06 Feb 2018
Trying to keep these coming once a week is pretty tough, but here we are (only a couple of days late!). Huge appreciation as always to those who contributed this time around.
As a side note: full tablet support is only days away from being deployed live to lazer, so for those of you that have been holding off due to not being able to play with your tablet, make sure to check back soon!
osu The osu!lazer project. The future of the osu! client. Download preview releases from here and follow along!
Everyone’s (least) favourite slider curve type is now supported by lazer. Play through more of the old classic beatmaps that you love so much, without the sliders taking on smooth curved shapes.
Just like the new site, you can now see hidden/flashlight SS/S counts separate from normal ones
You can now complete catch beatmaps. Oops.
While the transitions are not yet as smooth as you’d expect, you now have complete control over how much sound osu! is going to generate when it’s not the active window.
cYsmix has done it again, providing a new default sound set that does wonders to give osu!taiko a fresh feel.
Simple yet effective. Design is obviously not final (get a preview of that here).
Add URL handling to chat #1667 (FreezyLemon)
This has been in and out of the release builds as I had it manually cherry-picked for releases (felt it was pretty important), but is now here to stay! You can now freely open up web links in chat. In the cases there’s an in-game view for what you are looking at, it’ll prefer that over opening the site. The number of in-game overlays will expand as time goes by.
Implement a gameplay visual settings overlay #1879 (UselessToucan)
You can now adjust settings before entering gameplay (at the “loading” screen). For now a preview is not available, but this will be added in the future.
- Fix PlayerSettingsOverlay not able to reappear after being hidden #2005 (tgi74)
- Fix osu!catch autoplay missing bananas when running above 1x playback speed #2001 (peppy)
- Fix clock not incrementing beyond last frame of replay #2000 (peppy)
- Fix IsMaskedAway not being up-to-date when fastfowarding replays #1998 (smoogipoo)
- Make slider tails count towards the slider’s judgement #1993 (smoogipoo)
- Rename “InputManager” to “Container” where keybindings are involved #1992 (smoogipoo)
- Update framework #1991 (peppy)
- Fix incorrect case on migration file #1986 (peppy)
- Add JetBrains.Annotations NuGet package #1984 (FreezyLemon)
- Remember mod selection when re-entering song select #1983 (peppy)
- Fix osu star rating calculation #1981 (thomastanck)
- Fix taiko and mania missing when fast-forwarding replays #1980 (smoogipoo)
- Fix slider ticks appearing too late #1977 (Aergwyn)
- Fixed holding retry hotkey at end of map causing hard crash #1944 (ThePyrotechnic)
osu-framework The game framework behind osu!lazer. Written from scratch with osu! in mind, but very extensible.
Code quality, performance and bug fixes. Nothing exceptional to see here!
- Fix up recent IsMaskedAway regressions #1364 (smoogipoo)
- Use a concurrent dictionary for custom transforms to avoid incorrect thread access #1361 (peppy)
- Fix FrameworkActionContainer input ordering #1360 (smoogipoo)
- Use AlmostEquals for CircularContainer test cases #1358 (peppy)
- Make better use of generics in DependencyContainer #1356 (jorolf)
- Add a fill property to CircularProgress #1355 (jorolf)
- Add JetBrains.Annotations NuGet package #1354 (FreezyLemon)
- Make sure that IsMaskedAway is always up-to-date #1353 (smoogipoo)
- Stop ConfigManager from setting a default when calling GetOriginalBindable #1352 (peppy)
- Make AutoSize transform non-rewindable #1345 (smoogipoo)
- Store only drawables up to the one that handled mouse down in mouseDownInputQueue #1337 (UselessToucan)
osu-web The new web front-end. Already live but hasn’t yet replaced the old site, pending feature parity.
Elasticsearch 6 support #2262 (notbakaneko)
With some backend redesign, we were finally able to migrate off an ancient Elasticsearch 1.x instance to the latest version. We still have some improvements to make to the way we are interacting with elasticsearch, but the old site needs to die before this can happen. Needless to say, this is a step in the right direction for improving search quality game-wide.
Due to popular request, play time is back on profiles. This time precise to the second!
After reading through all the feedback you guys threw at us regarding leaderboard design, flyte got to work trying to make sure he could please everyone. The design is now implemented and live at the new site and has so far received some very positive feedback. Glad you guys like it!
- Easier to click pagination #2315 (nanaya)
- Allow starting discussion beyond last hit object #2318 (nanaya)
- Fix loading wrong config when configs are cached #2316 (notbakaneko)
- Avoid using array_unique for getting unique models in transaction. #2314 (notbakaneko)
- Basic locale check command #2312 (nanaya)
- Hide unnecessary stats from bot userpages #2310 (LiquidPL)
- Reindex beatmapset after commit #2303 (nanaya)
- Fix scoreboard sorting #2302 (nekodex)
- Disable vote button initially; return more user-friendly error #2301 (notbakaneko)
- topic_last_post_time should be set to null instead of 0 #2300 (notbakaneko)
- Only count visible beatmaps for open issues #2299 (nanaya)
- Autoscroll bottom #2295 (nanaya)
- Nomination reset message #2294 (nanaya)
- Queue mails #2287 (nanaya)
- Actual email validator #2286 (nanaya)
- Make country flag on profile link to country’s rankings. #2285 (naoey)
- Better discussion chart link #2281 (nanaya)
- Properly clean the username #1867 (nanaya)