09 Oct 2015
New scoring algorithm was today’s focus. Need to get it out for testing well before OWC starts so we can ensure it’s ready for the tournament.
- Only usable in multiplayer (select Score V2 from the “Win Condition” dropdown).
- Only works properly if every user in mp game is on cutting-edge. This will be enforced by bancho soon.
- Disables online ranking for now.
- Max Score is 1,000,000 plus spinner bonus.
- 70% of the 1m is (combo / 10 + 1) * base_hit_values.
- 30% of the 1m is accuracy ^ 10.
- Mod multipliers are only applied to the combo portion of the score.
- During play your score may decrease to account for accuracy loss.
- Will be subject to further tweaking. The 70/30 split is arbitrary (based loosely on pp) and will be adjusted as necessary.
- Slider start circles now have accuracy judgement. If you hit them in the 100 or 50 accuracy range, that will cap the maximum score you can get from the slider as a whole.
Go test it out on cutting edge!
In the process I cleaned up a lot of the internal scoring logic. I also made sure to implement it in a way that we can still allow online score submission even when the new algorithm is being displayed.
Also spent some time improving the debug OSD to be more usable and present assertions rather than using the ugly default .NET popup.