28 Jan 2018
Another week of solid progress! Hoped to get this post up on Friday but alas, things got busy. As a side-note the new t-shirt designs will be available on the store today, so look out for if you are interested in new wearable swag!
osu The osu!lazer project. The future of the osu! client. Download preview releases from here and follow along!
Implement ruleset-specific config managers and attach them to the global OnScreenDisplay #1929 (smoogipoo)
Individual rulesets can now have configuration settings (which are stored permanently to the database). The first use-case for this is osu!mania’s scroll speed setting, which is now remembered per key variant!
cYsmix has been hard at work on creating a fresh set of hitsounds to become the lazer defaults. Aiming for a more punchy set which are both nice to the ears but also give instant feedback - something a lot of higher level players require from hitsounds.
Here’s two examples, but I highly recommend you go check your favourite hitsounded beatmaps to see how they sound (and provide feedback if possible!):
Following variable approach rate, overall difficulty has now been implemented. For the time being, it affects judgement windows.
- Make MusicController draggable again #1973 (UselessToucan)
- Make mania play the next note’s sounds if no note is hit #1972 (smoogipoo)
- Fix settings button #1965 (Aergwyn)
- Fix storyboard using incorrect path separator #1959 (james58899)
- Clean up off-by-one offsets from repeat-related properties #1957 (smoogipoo)
- Allow user choice of the quick retry hotkey #1956 (peppy)
- Update license year #1955 (fangerm)
- Fix RepeatPoint animations #1953 (Aergwyn)
- Use obtained value for displayed name. #1950 (ThePyrotechnic)
- Disable TestCaseWaveform #1949 (smoogipoo)
- Don’t show error messages when a download is user-cancelled #1948 (peppy)
- Keep downloads active until their associated import operation finishes #1947 (peppy)
- Continue showing progress bar on direct panels when importing #1946 (peppy)
- Update usage of DI in-line with framework changes #1945 (smoogipoo)
- Allow re-downloading of beatmaps pending deletion in osu!direct #1939 (Aergwyn)
- Ensure previews stop playing when they are removed from the draw hierarchy #1937 (peppy)
- Split the playfield columns and change the key number by mod #1908 (andy840119)
- Do not assign hudOverlay’s and breakOverlay’s members in Player class #1898 (UselessToucan)
osu-framework The game framework behind osu!lazer. Written from scratch with osu! in mind, but very extensible.
Allows for better handling of nested audio components, making stopping osu!direct panel tracks (and muting global sound at the same time) much cleaner than previously possible.
Allows for the osu! game to more easily extract on-screen display parameters from configuration stores directly.
- Stop ConfigManager from setting a default when calling GetOriginalBindable #1352 (peppy)
- Bindable parsing fixes #1351 (smoogipoo)
- Make ini based config manager its own class #1349 (peppy)
- Stop bindings from interrupting each other when in unique mode #1344 (ThePyrotechnic)
- Allow dependency injection caching by specific type #1343 (smoogipoo)
- Make Tooltip a VisibilityContainer instead of OverlayContainer #1335 (peppy)
- Fix DllResourceStore not being able to handle hyphens in file path #1327 (FreezyLemon)
- Allow setting the filtering mode of textures loaded by TextureStore #1292 (jorolf)
osu-web The new web front-end. Already live but hasn’t yet replaced the old site, pending feature parity.
Based on bug reports and feedback, we resolved some issues involving the nomination limit. Speaking of which, the daily limit has also been raised from 2 to 10 after it was determined that two is now too low (as “first” nominations are counted where previously only “second” or “qualifying” nominations were counted).
- Handle null time #2280 (nanaya)
- Don’t fail on deleted topic in search #2279 (nanaya)
- Don’t explode encountering deleted beatmapset #2278 (nanaya)
- Add missing import #2277 (nanaya)
- Make centili payments send cart to processing state. #2275 (notbakaneko)
- Add more databases for transaction thingy #2271 (nanaya)
- Wiki updates #2267 (nanaya)
- Allow and default sorting by updated for own maps #2265 (nanaya)
- Add December 2017 Spotlight assets #2264 (Ephemeralis)
- Remove unused js #2263 (nanaya)
- Hide deleted beatmaps with no discussions #2253 (nanaya)
- add a type filter to es:index-documents #2251 (notbakaneko)
- Add support for model after commit hooks #2182 (notbakaneko)