22 Dec 2017
Hi guys. Back at you with updates since the last post, split into respective projects:
osu The osu!lazer project. The future of the osu! client. Download preview releases from here and follow along!
Make completion notification text for ProgressNotifications customisable #1707 (FreezyLemon)
Messages when tasks complete are now more easily customisable. You can see things like “Import successful!” instead of “Task has completed!”.
Added Button to restore recently deleted beatmaps #1671 (FreezyLemon)
Just in case you accidentally made an oops. Right now this only works until osu! is closed, but in the future you will be able to undelete beatmaps for a day or two after you nuke them.
This brings country and friend leaderboards to life! It also adds nice placeholder messages when a network error occurs or you aren’t supportive enough to view a certain leaderboard.
- Ignore bugged inspectcode inspection #1718 (peppy)
- Remove manual audio thread synchronisation logic #1717 (peppy)
- Correctly make fullscreen overlays block keyboard input from drawables behind them #1715 (peppy)
- Fix keyboard and mouse input not properly getting blocked by GameplayMenuOverlay #1711 (peppy)
- Make all TestCases public in line with framework TestBrowser changes #1710 (peppy)
osu-framework The game framework behind osu!lazer. Written from scratch with osu! in mind, but very extensible.
As you may know, osu!lazer and its framework run separate threads for audio, input, draw and update. The audio thread has been especially hard to work with, as you could for instance ask a track to
Play but on immediately checking the
IsPlaying state it may still return
false if the audio thread has not yet processed the operation.
All state-critical operations (currently only
Seek()) are now blocking. If non-blocking behaviour is required async versions are still available but blocking should be preferred unless/until a performance issue is determined.
OverlayContainer is used by prominent fullscreen game elements (such as osu!direct, social overlap and chat), but was until now not blocking keyboard input correctly. While in most cases this wasn’t noticeable due to a search textbox having focus, it meant you could not use global hotkeys (such as Ctrl+O to bring up the options) while at certain screens.
OverlayContainer uses a modified input queue to block input for everything except drawables marked with
- Return the original message from RecursiveLoadExceptions #1279 (smoogipoo)
- Make SortedList serialize correctly with JSON.Net #1278 (smoogipoo)
- Clean up the TestBrowser assembly dropdown #1274 (peppy)
- Don’t access Children when changing TextSize #1273 (peppy)
- returning Push function when screen hasExited. #1241 (DevSDK)
osu-web The new web front-end. Already live but hasn’t yet replaced the old site, pending feature parity.
In our continued efforts to reduce the manual overheads involved in beatmap modding, nominations will now only be possible after all problems and suggestion posts are resolved.
A few users reported very high memory usage on the forums after browsing a thread through many pages. Old posts are now unloaded as you scroll, so your browser doesn’t get completely overloaded!
Beatmap sections on profile page are now orders by “newest first” rather than “oldest first”.
Fix ‘show more’ links on user profiles not disappearing after loading the last batch of data. #1594 (LiquidPL)
This also increases the number of scores/baetmaps shown each time “show more” is clicked to 20, up from 5.
- Limit parsing params to relevant actions #2066 (nanaya)
- Make from and until parameters include the provided numbers #2064 (peppy)
- Recalculate user stats rank counts #2057 (notbakaneko)
- Fixes user hype #2055 (nanaya)
- Fix you have 0 new messages for French translation #2053 (notbakaneko)
- Add migration for new rank cache columns #2051 (peppy)
- Only show pp if score has weight attribute #2038 (nanaya)
- Get first post id of topic faster #2037 (notbakaneko)
- Readd own user id when doing friend ranking lookup #2035 (nanaya)
- Skip validation on updating user’s last visit #2034 (nanaya)
- Don’t explode if beatmapset is deleted #2032 (notbakaneko)
- Add November Spotlight assets #2028 (Ephemeralis)